Modernization of the „OsnabrückHalle“ in Osnabrück
- Design:PLAN FORWARD GmbH
- GFA|Gr.Vol:20,000 m² | 76,000 m³
- Services:General planning, cost calculation, controlling, HOAI § 33, LPH 2 - 7
- Period:2011 - 2014
- Costs:1. construction phase 12.1 mio. Euros (net, CG 200-700)
- Client:OBG Osnabrücker Grundstücks– und Erschließung GmbH
The "OsnabrückHalle" is a public building built in 1979, in which events, concerts and conferences take place all year round. The facility could no longer meet contemporary technical and design requirements, as well as the demands of current performance and presentation media.
W+P Gesellschaft für Projektrealisierung mbH and PLAN FORWARD GmbH were responsible for the as-built survey, cost estimation, conceptual planning, overall concept, design and approval planning as well as general planning of the project.
The measures included urgently needed work such as:
• The energetic renovation• The fire protection upgrade of the missing concrete coverings and the building services equipment
• The remediation of pollutants by removing insulation and partitioning materials containing asbestos
• The room acoustic modernization in the foyer and the halls.
An overall design concept was developed and implemented with regard to a clear central, uncluttered routing and the high design standards in the space-creating components of the interior fittings. The building services equipment for ventilation and electrical systems was completely rebuilt.
The OsnabrückHalle now offers flexible space for seminars, workshops, conferences and congresses with a total capacity of up to 2,700 people.