New construction of the competence center for renewable raw materials in Straubing
- Design:PLAN FORWARD GmbH
- GFA|Gr.Vol|NIA:4,903 m² | 20,592 m³ | 3,969 m²
- Services:HOAI § 19, LPH 2 - 6 (development plan), HOAI § 33, LPH 2-8 (building planning) § 38 LPH 2- 4
- Period:10/2015 - 11/2018
- Client:State of Bavaria, represented by "Staaliches Bauamt Passau", Garage: City of Straubing
The “Kompetenzzentrum für nachwachsende Rohstoffe” (Competence Center for Renewable Resources) is a branch of the Technical University of Munich and the Weihenstephan-Triedorf University of Applied Sciences and is located on the grounds of a former monastery with a monastery garden not far from downtown Straubing. All university buildings serve research, development and teaching.
For the development of the entire complex, the architects of PLAN FORWARD GmbH first developed a development plan that defines the conversion and expansion of the existing buildings as well as the new buildings in terms of location, function and permissible building mass.
In the first construction phase, for example, a central technical center with laboratory facilities was created. Experimental greenhouses with laboratory and testing facilities, as well as a large number of necessary ancillary buildings for outdoor experiments followed in a second construction phase.
An underground parking garage with 42 parking spaces was also integrated into the outdoor facilities and under the structures of the second construction phase.
Sustainability criteria implemented:n:
• Building with wood
• Rainwater retention on the site
• Integrated wood chip heating plant 2.0 MW for local supply
• Passive house standard with annual consumption < 15 kWh/a m²