New construction of the E.ON headquarter in Essen
- Design:JSK Architekten, Düsseldorf
- GFA|Gr.Vol|NIA:119,000 m² | 430,000 m³ | 73,000 m²
- Services:HOAI § 33, LPH 4 - 7 + parts of 6 - 8, building and spatial development planning, AHO LPH 1 - 5, scope A – D, HOAI § 33, LPH 5 - 8
- Period:2008 - 2011
- Costs:216.7 Mio. Euro (net, CG 200-700)
- Client:E.ON Gruga Objektgesellschaft mbH & Co.KG
In proven cooperation, the two WOLFF GRUPPE subsidiaries, PLAN FORWARD GmbH and W+P - Gesellschaft für Projektrealisierung mbH realized the new headquarters for E.ON Ruhrgas AG in Essen. The impressive building complex with 60,000 m² of above-ground gross floor area provides space for around 1,800 employees.
The new construction consists of two 65-meter-high elliptically formed glas towers and two elongated building blocks connected by a glazed, light-flooded atrium. The combination of contemporary materials, glass and aluminum, thus emphasizes the exciting dialogue of the building parts with each other. The southeastern, ridge-like block opens with its four courtyards to the newly designed park and water landscape in which the building ensemble is embedded. The open space consists of a sequence of landscape spaces. The central element is a water basin that surrounds the buildings in the southern area.